Our vows before the wedding

As I'm sure most of you know me and the boyfriend got engaged...if you didn't, stop immediately and read the proposal blog first and then come back on over.
Wedding couple vows proposal fiance engaged
Life has been a bit hectic since the last post, we've gone on holiday with friends, hosted disastrous dinner parties, had our highly alcoholic engagement party, put down the deposit for our wedding venue (it's so beautiful it makes me cry) and celebrated Fiancé Knowles' (boyfriend's new name) birthday with a barbecue and lots of races on his new Nintendo Switch.

Our wedding is actually quite a while off, over 2 years away. We've agreed to put the wedding planning on pause for a year otherwise it's going to get a bit ridiculous. I still want to have some kind of wedding excitement in our lives so came up with what I think is quite a cool idea. Vows before the wedding.

We each have to come up with five vows for each other that we have to complete within the year. Obviously ground-rules needed to be set because I'm not doing his washing for a year or cooking all the time nuh uh *sassy snap*

So here are the vows I made for Fiancé Knowles to complete by this time next year:

1. To create a treasure hunt of some description.
I decided to be a bit vague with that one so he can go as big or as small with the treasure hunt as he wants. The only rule is that he has to create the treasure hunt for me to then take part in.

2. Find a creative way to say I love you.
I really like this one and am looking forward to seeing how he gets on with this one and what he comes up with.

3. Tick one thing off of one of our Listography Lists.
If you haven't worked it out yet I'm a massive fan of lists. For one of my birthday's my sister got me the Listography book of lists. Me and the Fiancé spent an evening filling in the book and now have so many travel plans and days out that I thought I'd get the ball rolling and make us cross off at least one.

4. Make up and write down my ultimate bedtime story.
I'm forever asking Fiancé Knowles to tell me a bedtime story and he always refuses...poor me. So I've finally found a way around this that hopefully he'll be happy with. By writing down my story he only has to tell it once and then I'll have it forever after.

5. Watch all of my favourite childhood movies.
The tricky part to this one is everyday I think of another 'amazing' childhood film that I really loved so I think I need to set a limit on that one! Also sometimes when you revisit a film you loved when you were younger you realise just how rubbish it actually is, looking at you Like Mike!

Fiancé Knowles wrote his own vows for me to complete as well and if I'm completely honest I think his are better than mine but shh don't tell him that!

1.  Read each others favourite book.
I'm a little stumped on which book to put forward so will have to have a think about that. I definitely have a top 5 and will probably do a post on them soon.

2. Have a day playing games in our PJ's eating whatever the hell we want.
This is literally how Fiancé spent his teenage years and definitely his idea of a perfect day so I'm looking forward to slobbing out and eating ALL THE FOOD!

3.Write down a list of our favourite memories, holidays and dreams for the future.
I'm thinking of getting a notebook for this one. Mainly so we can keep adding our memories in as time goes on and have it as a keepsake to look back on and also because I'm a massive sucker for stationery so having an actual excuse to spend hours in Paper Chase is something I won't be passing on!

4. Take out each others favourite lady for the day they deserve.
We both love our Mums to bits so this vow is such a sweet idea and I'm looking forward to spoiling his mum silly after all she's the incredible woman that raised the man I love.

5. Plan a spontaneous trip.
I love this idea because the Fiancé is always the one that plans our trips, not that I'm complaining at all! I often joke that all I have to say is 'Ooo I'd love to go there one day' and he's already looked at flights, hotels and dates we can go. I'm really looking forward to getting the chance to surprise him for once with a trip away together somewhere...any suggestions?

So there you have it our vows before the wedding. Depending on how successful we are with completing them all we might do a few more for the second year but we'll have to wait and see as wedding planning madness will probably set it and take over our lives!



Share this:

13 comments :

  1. This is such an amazing idea! I've never heard of this idea before but it really is lovely. And congratulations on your engagement! This was so lovely to read, can tell how much you love each other x

    Tiffany x www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany! Have you read the proposal story as well? That was a magical day and a half!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful guys many happy years and health x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marriage is truly a beautiful thing. good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fab idea. My fiance and I have sadly started drifting apart, so I may have to steal some of your ideas to try before the spark disappears completely.

    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try it, it helps remind you that at the end of the day it's about you two together. Plus it's a lot of fun, we watched one of my childhood films last night so are all ready cracking on with it!

      Delete
  5. You both sound romantic which is rare. Hope everything goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's ridiculously romantic and it's definitely rubbed off on me, not that I'm complaining!

      Delete
  6. Aww this sounds so lovely, some really great ideas and would be amazing things to do together l, I love the sound of number 3!

    Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I stopped to read your proposal blog as well, and it's all just so cute! You two seem so incredibly happy with each other and I wish you nothing but the best <3 I can't wait to see what new adventure you blog about next. Great post! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Charlotte, the proposal really was like something out of a movie!

      Delete
  8. This is such a beautiful post. I really hope I find happiness like this one day. I love the one where you read each other's favourite books too because a someone's taste in books can say a lot about them!

    Meg x | the-writeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © Nachos and Wine. Designed by OddThemes